The VP of Sales reports directly to Kyle Buehner / CEO as part of the core executive team and leads a sales team of 20. This role is the ultimate company rainmaker and strategist leading a team of sales “hunters” to close new B2B SaaS deals with Hotels and Vacation Rental Management Companies. This role collaborates with VP Marketing on demand generation leads and partners closely with VP Product Management and VP Engineering on future product roadmap features & products.
Top 3 Outcomes in Year 1:
1) Drive new revenue – Hit specific revenue targets in new SaaS revenue across mix of products (current and new) while keeping renewal rates above par.
2) Update strategic sales model & plan to scale – Deliver quarterly assessments of current sales model and plan to hit numbers this year. Develop creative mix of options to scale up sales results across a mix of current and future products. Deliver clear and inspiring sales strategy, demand gen, competitive positioning, international growth options, training plan, and key metrics to track progress.
3) Lead a high performance, collaborative sales team – Optimize current sales team roles, structure and accountability to maximize sales results while collaborating well across mix of executive team members. Deliver quarterly team assessment and growth plan updates. Be inspiring and mentor a winning sales culture. Lead well by example.
Executive Team Member:
- Serve as a top company executive, reporting to CEO, owning development of NAVIS’s overall company sales strategy, systems, reporting and future scaling roadmap
- Review key company sales trends, metrics/reporting and target customer feedback to ensure the company is on track with sales goals and to mitigate surprises
- Provide competitive insight and market feedback on current or new planned service
- Develop and refine repeatable sales process, reporting and forecasting sales pipeline
- Ensure a “Best Places to Work” award-winning culture aligned with NAVIS values
Deliver Sales Results:
- Own the overall company sales results (budget and actual)
- Develop sales plans and budgets in support of company’s strategy and objectives
- Proactively provide management level reporting on sales activities, key sales metrics, and sales projections, sales training and performance management
- Direct implementation and execution of sales budgets, policies and practices.
- Develop key target company segmentation sales messaging and target lists
- Ensure strong marketing demand generation partnership with VP Marketing to generate qualified leads
- Align overall NAVIS messaging, brand, and PR opportunities to increase awareness and thought leadership for NAVIS in the mind of target customers
Lead the Sales Team:
- Coach, lead and mentor staff, including:
- Hire and retain the right people that fit NAVIS culture and values
- Motivate and provide on-going direction
- Manage performance standards and expectations
- Conduct performance and salary reviews
- Determine employee development and training plans
- Develop and coordinate sales selling cycle and methodology and related team training
- Lead by example as a “player coach” showing how to seek out new customers and sales opportunities, initiates action plan to approach and secure new business
- Recommends sales strategies and customized feedback to team members for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses
- Create/oversee the incentive programs to motivate the sales team
ABOUT BEND, OREGON:
NAVIS is headquartered in the beautiful resort destination of Bend, Oregon. Sunshine (300 days a year), outdoor activities, easy traffic (everything within 10 minutes), lower cost of living (financial peace of mind), breweries/restaurants, concerts/festivals and top rated schools – Bend is one of the fastest growing (91,000 population) and popular cities for a reason. OSU – Cascades and Central Oregon Community College provide a solid college talent pool and education opportunities. www.VisitBend.com
Love the outdoors? The following activities are all right out your doorstep (quite literally, in many cases):
- Climbing – world class rock climbing is just 25 minutes north of Bend at Smith Rock
- On the River – the Deschutes River flows right through the middle of town – people use it for kayaking, paddle boarding, floating the river, fishing, or simply walking its banks
- Skiing – Mount Bachelor is just 25 minutes southwest of Bend, and there are other ski resorts nearby offering Alpine and Nordic skiing at all skill levels – snowshoeing, too!
- Mountain Biking – there are many miles of existing trails for all skill levels, and new trails currently under construction
- Fishing & Boating – countless lakes, streams, rivers, ponds and reservoirs at your disposal
- Hiking & Camping – dozens of designated campsites nearby with access to trails
- Golfing – 20+ courses sit in the surrounding area
- Whitewater Rafting – there are multiple guiding companies in the surrounding area
- Hunting – bow or rifle hunting for deer, elk, bear, water fowl, etc.
- Mountains, mountains, mountains – the Three Sisters, Broken Top, and Mount Bachelor are the five most prominent peaks nearby, and offer activities galore
How’s the Technology scene in Bend?
Bend has 120+ technology companies (with 400+ openings planned for 2018), strong community support from EDCO to a TAO Bend chapter, and venture/angel funding (Seven Peaks Ventures to Cascade Angels). Bend Venture Conference annually hosts 600+ attendees from technology entrepreneurs, VCs/Angels as the hottest venture conference annually in the Northwest. So you can feel confident to build long-term roots in the Bend technology community and future growth.
NAVIS delivers a platform of SaaS software and service solutions for hotels, resorts and vacation rental properties to increase reservations, revenues and ensure a great customer experience. NAVIS makes sales/marketing/reservations leaders look like heroes with their integrated “command console” delivering an incredible ROI in new revenue for every $1 spent and a highly respected SaaS renewal rate.
NAVIS is a trusted industry leader with 300 employees supporting a few key solutions:
- NarrowCast Cloud – Reservations focused SaaS CRM and contact center platform delivering increased conversion rates and tracking to maximize sales and guest experience for the Hospitality industry. Overview video.
- Reach – Marketing automation SaaS platform that delivers personalized and highly segmented marketing through email and social media; Ability to track online and offline campaign results
- Reveal – Advanced Business Intelligence, Data visualization, Dashboards and Reporting (new in 2018)
- RezForce – Call center solutions focused on high performance sales achievement; 24/7 Overflow and after hours contact center service which is highly integrated and exclusive for NAVIS SaaS clients
NAVIS has been recognized by the Oregonian 5 of the last 6 years as one of Oregon’s Top Workplaces
The results, the work, the heart-felt client focus – all begins with NAVIScore values:
- Golden Rule – I treat others as I want to be treated
- Integrity – I am a person of my word and highly trusted
- Innovation – I create solutions for difficult business problems
- Performance– I am part of an ambitious Team and my results matter
- Attitude – I am a positive influence, I love my team and the work we do
For confidential inquires and more information, please contact:
Paul Freed / Managing Partner
- Proven VP/Dir Sales level leadership role scaling up a sales organization results from $20-40M to $75+M range; Executive level leader as part of core leadership team
- Business-to-Business (B2B) focus with a SaaS technology product/service
- Sales team leadership of 20+; strong emphasis on mentoring, coaching and inspiring
- NAVIS values alignment and culture fit
- Travel – ~50% as needed (conferences & key resort/hotel prospects)
- Industry platform or CRM solution (with mix of products and install base) sales experience preferred
- Hospitality industry (hotel/vacation rental) experience preferred; Hospitality conference experience at HITEC – Hotel Industry Technology Exposition & Conference or VRMA – Vacation Rental Management Association preferred
- Experience targeting Marketing, Sales, and Revenue Management teams with products and solutions preferred
- International sales experience preferred
- Startup/entrepreneurial experience launching new products and scaling up preferred
- SalesForce CRM savvy and familiar with leveraging marketing automation (Marketo) to optimize and maximize sales leads and opportunities
- Passion and advocate of recruiting sales talent to the Bend, OR lifestyle – 300 days a year of sun, outdoor activities (ski to mountain biking/hiking/fishing/golf), lower cost of living, low traffic, concerts, foodie restaurants and breweries
- Willing to “take one for the team” and visit top hotel and resort property locations to visit customers and top prospects
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field; Advanced degree is preferred
NAVIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).